Terms and Conditions
Terms of order
These terms of order in no way affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
No contract will subsist between you and hasbean.co.uk for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until hasbean.co.uk accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your product. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time hasbean.co.uk sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). Items can not be bought for resale without prior permission. hasbean.co.uk reserves the right refuse any order which is deemed to have not been conducted in the correct way or where any foul play may have taken place. Items can not be bought for use in coffee competition with express permission of hasbean.co.uk, and reserves the right to refuse to supply. hasbean.co.uk also retains the right to not complete any order it wishes to do so providing that the monies have not been taken or a full refund is given. This is a retail site and as such is for members of the public and not for wholesale / reseller customers. By placing an order and giving credit card details on our secure server you the consumer is bound and contracted to complete the sale unless hasbean.co.uk decides otherwise.
Hasbean refund policy
If goods are returned due to being faulty, so long as they are returned within a reasonable time the remedy afforded to the customer, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), is a refund. Also, where a consumer exercises his cancellation rights the customer will be given a refund within 30 days of their cancellation.
You the consumer are given the right to cancel as required by the Consumer Contracts Regulations (to not include beans that are ground or roasted to your personal specification.) You the consumer have the right to cancel your order without giving a reason The cancellation period in the case of contracts for the supply of goods begins with the day on which the contract is concluded. The cancellation period ends on the expiry of 7 working days, beginning on the day after the day on which the consumer receives the goods. You the consumer can be asked to return and pay for the cost of returning the goods. Further information on this can be found on the Department of Trade and Industry website at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/pdfs/uksi_20133134_en.pdf . Roasted coffee is excluded from these terms.
www.hasbean.co.uk take credit and debit card orders from most major cards. All of our transactions are processed through the following gateways:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Shop Pay
- Visa / Delta
All cards are taken using a secure encrypted server.
Expect delivery of your order within 28 days although most items will be dispatched within 24/48 working hours. If we cannot deliver the goods within this time we will tell the consumer immediately and agree on another time for delivery. If we cannot agree on another time, we will offer the consumer a refund.
Here are the descriptions of the shipping terms. Please note we roast to order, so we can not always dispatch on the day of order. For more info on our roasting times click here.
Royal Mail First Class
Royal Mail aim to deliver First Class items the next working day including Saturdays. This is not a guarantee but an aim. Royal Mail will not class an item as lost or missing for 15 working days, but please get in touch if you have not received your order within 5 working days of dispatch.
- Royal Mail Second Class
- Royal Mail aim to deliver Second Class items the third working day after posting including Saturdays, with a small minority taking up to 7 working days. This is not a guarantee but an aim. Royal Mail will not class an item as lost or missing for 15 working days, but please get in touch if you have not received your order within 5 working days of dispatch.
- DPD (Monday - Friday)
- DPD aim to attempt delivery of all Next Working Day items the next working day Monday to Friday. If you do not receive your order before 18:00 the next working day please contact us or DPD directly.
- DPD (Saturday)
- DPD aim to attempt delivery of all Saturday items the following day when dispatched on a Friday. When DPD Saturday is selected as a shipping method your order will be held until Friday for processing, roasting and dispatching - DPD will then attempt a delivery the following day. If you order does not arrive before 18:00 please contact us or DPD directly.
Outside the UK
- Royal Mail International
- The aim is to deliver items within 5-7 working days. No guarantee of delivery on these times, this is an aim. May take up to 28 days. If you do not receive your order within 14 days of dispatch, please contact us.
- Standard - all UPS Standard shipments travel by road out of the UK and take a varying amount of time to be delivered, usually within 5-10 working days. UPS will provide you with an estimated delivery date and keep you updated on the progress of your delivery by email. If you experience any delays outside the explanation of the UPS tracking, please contact us.
- Express - all UPS Express shipments travel by air out of the UK and take a varying amount of time to be delivered, usually within 2-5 working days. UPS will provide you with an estimated delivery date and keep you updated on the progress of your delivery by email. If you experience any delays outside the explanation of the UPS tracking, please contact us.
Delivery prices are priced on weight and will be added automatically when an order is place. This will be broken down into the component of price and delivery charge. The final price will be in pounds sterling (unless otherwise stated).
When do we roast coffee for orders?
We roast to order every UK working day (excluding weekends and bank holidays). We have the benefit of having four different sized roasters (2kg, 12kg, 25 kg and 60kg) so we can batch roast exactly what we need for that day. No coffee will leave us older than the previous working day.
If you place your order before 07:30 am GMT, it is our aim your order will be processed, roasted and dispatched on that working day.
Any orders placed after 07:30 am GMT will carry over to the following day for processing, roasting and dispatching.
None of this can be guaranteed. Has Bean Coffee can not be held responsible for operational issues and delays.
We do close over national bank holidays and the Christmas period, we will clearly announce these closures on our website in advance.
We will in every case acknowledge complaints within 5 working days.
We will in every case advise the consumer how long it will take to resolve the complaint.
We will in every case keep the consumer informed throughout the process.
Loyalty and Referral Scheme
Please read these terms carefully before using this Scheme. These terms apply exclusively to your use of the Scheme and by opting into the Scheme, you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted these terms. If you have any questions in relation to the Scheme or these terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How does it work?
This is a points accrual scheme. It is available to individual account holders only; not businesses. You can therefore only be eligible for the Scheme if you are eligible for, and hold, a valid individual online account with us on our website.
Your Loyalty Points operate, effectively, as accumulation vouchers that are exchangeable only for the items listed in section 4 – they cannot be exchanged for cash, or “cashed out” at any time.
- How much is the scheme worth?
In general terms, each £1 you spend with us is worth 1 Loyalty Point. However, there are other limited circumstances where you can accrue additional, or “bonus” Loyalty Points – these are listed in section 3.
Where you spend less than a £1 (or relevant £), the balance (in pennies) is not rounded up or stored to accrue on your next Qualifying Purchase.
- How can I get Loyalty Points?
You can gain Loyalty Points through the following Qualifying Purchases:
- Create an account on our website with us (50 Loyalty Points)
- Purchase any item through your account on our website (see section 2);
- Follow us (at @hasbean) on Instagram (20 Loyalty Points); and
- Your birthday bonus (20 Loyalty Points applied to your account on your birthday).
Accruing Loyalty Points does not grant you any vested rights, or guarantee the continued availability of further Loyalty Points to you.
- What can I use the Loyalty Points for?
You can use your Loyalty Points for the following only:
- Free UK delivery (for one order to a UK address, via DPD or Royal Mail, worth up to £6) = 100 Loyalty Points; or
- Discount vouchers (£5 = 200 Loyalty Points; £10 = 300 Loyalty Points; £25 = 600 Loyalty Points).
As stated, you cannot use your Loyalty Points for cash or gift cards. Redeemed Loyalty Points cannot be used again. If a transaction in which Loyalty Points are used is cancelled or reversed, we will re-credit your Loyalty Points used.
- How can I use my Loyalty Points?
Where you acquire enough Loyalty Points, a “REDEEM” button will appear on your account. Clicking this will generate a unique discount code for you to apply at checkout against your next order.
- What restrictions apply to me?
Loyalty Points are personal to you and your account: you cannot transfer them to someone else at any time.
- Do my points expire?
Points are valid from 12 months from the relevant Purchase Date (or date on which you acquired the Loyalty Points). After this period has expired, the accrued but unused point(s) you have accumulated will expire.
We will endeavour to notify you on or around the date on which your Loyalty Points are due to expire.
- Do I have to opt in?
No, you will be automatically enrolled into the Scheme when you register for your account with us. You can opt out of the Scheme at any time, if you wish – just let us know through the contact details provided. When you leave the Scheme, you will forfeit all accrued Loyalty Points.
- Can I get my points back?
Once the points expire they cannot be returned to you, unless we otherwise agree at our absolute discretion. If you make a Qualifying Purchase whilst you have joined the Scheme, but don’t use your account, you will not automatically accrue your Loyalty Points.
Qualifying Purchases made by you before you opt into the Scheme cannot be subsequently credited with Loyalty Points.
We would like you to refer us and our products to others. If you would like to do this, you may do so at any time by sending the referral URL located within your account to your friend, by email or social media. When your friend then clicks the relevant URL and registers their email address with us, they will receive a voucher for £5 off their next purchase with us. Please note these referrals can only be used for regular website orders, not subscription orders. Once that purchase is made, you (as the referrer) will receive a voucher for Free UK Delivery credited to your account. This will be available to you for your next purchase.
There is no limit to the number of times you can use this referral scheme, or the number of friends or family members that you can refer. However, it is only available for use once by each referred friend, who must be a new customer to receive their voucher.
If we detect that you are using the referral programme fraudulently, your rewards account will be suspended. Please contact us if you believe your account has been suspended in error.
- Can we change these terms, suspend or withdraw the scheme?
Yes, we can change the terms applicable to this Scheme at any time. Where we do that, we may notify you through your account, or the email address registered with that account, or the relevant change(s) will be updated on this page. You should therefore check this page regularly to ensure you understand the terms that apply to your use of the Scheme.
We can also withdraw or suspend the Scheme at any time, for any reason. This can apply on a general basis, or to your account only, if we reasonably consider that you have, or may, breach the terms applicable to the Scheme. In these circumstances we may also close or suspend your account (on a temporary or permanent basis).
Where the Scheme is withdrawn, or your account is closed at any time, any and all accrued but unused Loyalty Points are forfeited.
- How will you use my personal data?
You must keep your details associated with your account up to date; we cannot be liable for any loss of Loyalty Points incurred as a result of out of date details.
- What do the terms mean?
In these terms:
“Loyalty Point” refers to a point accrued in connection with the Scheme;
“Qualifying Purchase” refers to a fully paid purchase through your account on our website; and
“Purchase Date” is the date on which your purchase is confirmed by us.