Colombia La Serrania Washed
In the cup expect milk chocolate with a creamy, smooth body and a walnut whip creamyness.
We bought this coffee from the cupping table. Sometimes that means we don’t know much about the coffee itself.
La Serrania is a Colombian specialty coffee produced by twenty small coffee growers based in the municipality of Pitalito in Huila.
The growers are small-scale coffee growers, whose farms range from one to fifteen hectares and are at altitudes ranging between 1,500 and 1,750 m.a.s.l. All of them process their coffee in their small beneficios, and then they dry it on covered patios until the coffee reaches the optimal moisture level. The coop's total production is around 1,570 bags per year (70 KG).
In the cup expect milk chocolate with a creamy, smooth body and a walnut whip creaminess.
- Country: Colombia
- Region: Huila
- Coffee: La Serrania
- Producers' coop: approximately 50 small coffee growers members (this lot made from 20)
- Altitude: 1,500-1,750 m.a.s.l.
- Varieties: Caturra (80%), Colombia (10%) Castillo (10%)
- Processing method: Washed in micro-mills at each farm
- Drying method: sun-dried in greenhouses and on raised beds
- Harvest: Main: October - December Fly-crop: May - July
Milk chocolate, creamy, balanced, smooth body, Walnut Whip, great mouthfeel.
Clean cup: (1–8): 6
Sweetness: (1–8): 7
Acidity: (1–8): 7
Mouthfeel: (1–8): 7
Flavour: (1–8): 6
Aftertaste: (1–8): 7
Balance: (1–8): 6
Overall: (1–8): 7
Correction: (+36) :+36
Total: (max. 100): 89
If you hear the first pops of second crack it's time to stop. This is a medium so as not to kill the complexity.
"Quick Look" Guide