Espro Calibrated Tamper
30 lb force feedback from a tamper that looks and feels like an ordinary espresso tamper. With the Espro™ Calibrated Tamper, variation in tamping force no longer affects espresso quality.
In order to produce consistently excellent shots of espresso, experts agree: freshly ground coffee should be evenly tamped at 30 lbs of downward force. But what does 30 lbs feel like? How can you ensure that each tamp is 30 lbs?
The Espro™ Calibrated Tamper consistently monitors your tamping force and signals, with a subtle click, when you reach 30 lbs. The result is noticeably better shots from your equipment, consistently.
Each Espro™ Calibrated Tamper is crafted with a stainless steel base, anodised aluminium handle, and careful attention to detail.
You will taste and see the difference that precision tamping brings. By adding the Espro™ Calibrated Tamper to your existing equipment, you will get the tamping accuracy that makes your espresso truly amazing.Product Specifications
- 30-pound force actuation, factory calibrated
- Subtle, but satisfying click will not disrupt tamped grounds
- Solid 1 lb tamper weight, perfectly balanced
- Stainless steel base and anodised aluminium handle
- Black handle in flat bases (53mm) & convex bases (53 and 58 mm)
- Red handle available only in convex base (57 mm)
- 1-year no-questions-asked factory replacement warranty
- Invented, designed and made in Canada
Is your convex base the American curve or the Euro curve?
Our convex bases have a gentle curve, 1.67 mm (0.065”) in height. This is an American curve. Our convex tamper matches the curve found in a La Marzocco double filter basket.
Available in 53mm diameter with a curved base and black handle.
Wondering what size tamper you need for your machine? Espro made a super useful page with all the information you could ever need : ) http://espro.ca/faq-calibrated-tamper/what-size-tamper-do-i-need-for-my-machine.html