Jailbreak Espresso Blend Mk3 2016
70% Colombia Finca Santuario Aquacatillo Washed Red Typica
30% Bolivia 18 de Mayo Cori Gill Washed Caturra
Has Bean Premium Blend became super important to Has Bean back in the day, but to be completely honest we didn't really like the name – it inferred that everything else wasn't premium, and of course it all really, really is!
I decided it was time for a revamp to make all the blends a little more fun, so now we have 'Jailbreak' (a replacement for the Premium and Has Bean Espresso blends of the past).
This is our house blend that we think is perfect for everyone, from the home barista on a machine in their kitchen right up to the professional baristas on the very best commercial espresso machines. There is a reason for the name, and I am sure lots of people will get it. It has lots to do with how I got into coffee. If it's a story you're not familiar with then you should have a read of How Has Bean Began. :)
For me, a roaster's espresso blend for home users should be all of the following things.
- Good with other brew methods, as well as with espresso. This saves customers from needing to have two different blends to hand, which is particularly useful for those who do not get through them very quickly.
- Good in a cheaper home machine as well as in a top-of-the-range commercial machine.
- Good across a range of temperatures and extraction times – it should be forgiving.
- Really, really tasty.
This blend does all that and more.
We are very proud of what we do here at Has Bean. Some roasters will pretend that there is a dark art in blending; we think that good ingredients make a good blend when you think about what you want to achieve. We also don't keep secrets; our blend contains 100% great quality coffee from some of the very best coffee producers in the world, and we are happy to tell you all about them.
Jailbreak consists of:
- 70% Colombia Finca Santuario Aquacatillo Washed Red Typica
- 30% Bolivia 18 de Mayo Cori Gill Washed Caturra
These are premium coffees that are amazing single origin coffees on their own, but as a blend together they bring sweetness, acidity, body, and all around deliciousness.