For the originals, inventive and light hearted. This 8oz & 12oz KeepCup is the perfect way to enjoy your coffee in style. KeepCup is the World's first Barista standard reusable cup. Designed for pure drinking pleasure on the go.
KeepCup's mission is to encourage the use of reusable cups. They do this by delivering sustainably made products that are fit for purpose in the context of a positive global campaign that strives to make a difference to how we think about convenience culture. They want to be one of the organisations that kick starts the demise of the disposable.
Proudly designed and made in Australia.
Lots of people ask why plastic? They don’t realise most disposable cups are lined with polyethylene and have a polystyrene lid so there is enough plastic in 20 disposable cups and lids to make one small KeepCup. Even though KeepCup is made from plastic - KeepCup is about less plastic. Here's why...
- Low embodied energy in manufacture.
- The resources required to manufacture plastic are relatively low, this means that you only have to use it 15 times to break even with paper cups in terms of the energy manufacture and use.
- Lightweight and unbreakable.
- For you to carry our product around it has to be lightweight, ergonomic and unbreakable.
- The ability to choose a unique, personal colourway for yourself increases the desirability of the KeepCup, and increases your likelihood of remembering and reusing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Makes cleaning easy.
- Recyclable at end of life.
The KeepCup is made from single component materials to facilitate recycling at end of life. Polypropylene is being targeted as a great material capable of being recycled into consumer goods. There are lots of clever people doing exciting things in this space.