Chemex Ottomatic 2.0
The Ottomatic® 2.0 is the next generation of Chemex's incredible automatic pour-over coffee machine. With all of the same great top of the line features as their first generation Ottomatic, the Otto 2.0 now offers the ability to brew both HOT and ICED coffee!
Automatically manages key brewing variables such as:
- Contact time of water to coffee
- Heating water to the Specialty Coffee Industry target temp (197.6ºF-204.8ºF)
- Hot Plate keeps the coffee warm without burning or compromising flavour. Hot Plate shuts off automatically after 90- minutes.
- Iced coffee mode
“Greedy Cup” Sprayhead Technology
- Staged brewing cycle
- Pulsing water bath which ensures maintained temperature
- Facilitating even extraction throughout the brewing process for optimal flavour
Small footprint, high-end results
- Specs: 11" x 7 1/2" x 11 1/2" Inches High
- UK plug 220v
- Fits all 5, 6 and 8 cup Chemex coffeemakers
Its clean and simple design perfectly compliments the elegance of the glass Chemex carafe. The unmistakable quality and effortless functionality are in tune with our enduring philosophy that beauty and science can be one and the same.
- Six Cup Classic Series Coffeemaker (CM-6A)
- A small pack of Chemex Bonded Filters
- Glass coffeemaker cover
- Coffeemaker cleaner
If you would like to receive your Ottomatic with a differently sized Chemex Coffeemaker, please contact us and we can swap out the standard CM-6A for a 6GH, 8A or 8GH.
The Ottomatic coffeemaker used together with the scientifically designed, patented Chemex Bonded Filters, and a Chemex carafe delivers the perfect cup of coffee, without any sediments or bitter elements - every time.
The following Chemex brewers will fit the Ottomatic...
How to use
Step 1: Plug-in
Place the appliance on a level surface and plug the machine into a wall socket.
Step 2: Prep
Fill the tank with cold water to the maximum capacity of 8 cups and switch the appliance to the "II" position to allow water to run through into the glass Chemex® carafe (no coffee).
Step 3: Prep Cooldown
Allow the appliance to cool down for 5 minutes before repeating the process. Do this at least two times before brewing with coffee.
Water measurements: Use either the cup measurements on the water tank on the Ottomatic, or the glass Chemex® carafe to measure your water. Be sure not to exceed the capacity of your glass carafe (30 ounces for 6 cup, 40 ounces for 8 cup).
Step 4: Get into the grind
Grind your coffee to a medium-coarse filter grind.
Step 5: Filter up
Open a Chemex® Bonded Coffee Filter into a cone shape so that one side of the cone has three layers, and place it into the top of the brewer. The thick three-layer portion should cover the pouring spout.
Step 6: The scoop
Use 60g of coffee for every 1 litre of water you are brewing with. For example, if you are brewing with 500ml of water, use 30g of coffee. Feel free to use more if you prefer it stronger or less if you prefer it lighter.
Brewing with Hot Plate Activated: Set switch to the single line "I". A solid red light will appear below the word "Chemex®" found on the base plate. It will remain on throughout the brewing process. Upon completion of the brewing process, the red light will change to a solid white light. Leave the glass Chemex® carafe in place for another minute or two to allow for all water to filter through. Remove filter, enjoy!
The Hot Plate automatically shuts off after 30 minutes, this is indicated by the white light blinking. Hot Plate can be reactivated for another 30 minutes by pressing the switch to the "O" position and then back to the single line "I" position. The white light will become solid again.
Brewing with Hot Plate Deactivated: (This method can be used to make Iced beverages): Set switch to double line "II" A solid red light will appear below the word "Chemex®" found on the base plate. It will remain on throughout the brewing process. Upon completion of the brewing process, the red light will change to a blinking white light.
Leave the glass Chemex® carafe in place for another minute or two to allow for all water to filter through. Remove filter, enjoy!
Final Step: Enjoy the perfect cup
Pour your freshly made coffee into your Chemex® mug and indulge in the flavour.
OTTOMATIC LIMITED WARRANTY
- 1 year limited warranty from date of original purchase.
- This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim.
- Defects that occurred due to improper connection, improper handling, or repair attempts by non-authorized persons are not covered by the warranty. The same applies for failure to comply with the use of consumables (e.g. cleaning and decalcifying agents or water filters) that do not correspond to the original specifications.
- Routine parts and fragile parts like glass are excluded from the warranty.
- The appliance was designed and built for use as a coffee maker only. It is not intended for any other use
- The appliance was designed and built for non-commercial use only.
- Damages due to use which is improper or contrary to instruction and damage due to abuse are not under the responsibility of the manufacturer and are not covered by the warranty.
- The warranty becomes void if repairs are attempted or carried out by third parties who are not authorized by the manufacturer and/or if replacement parts other than the genuine Chemex parts are used.
- This limited warranty replaces and supersedes all other warranties express or implied. except where otherwise limited by law.
- To make a warranty claim please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you place an order before 07:30, it will be processed and dispatched that day. If you order after 07:30, it will carry over to the following working day.
We offer free delivery on all orders over £50.00. Royal Mail services are available for orders weighing up to 2.0kg. DPD next working day delivery is available for a flat rate of £5.00 for all orders up to 10kg.
If you would like to enjoy free delivery on orders under £50.00, make sure to check out My Hasbean Rewards via the red bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
For more information please visit https://www.hasbean.co.uk/pages/shipping