Urnex Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaning Powder 556g
Cafiza is a coffee shop staple for baristas and business owners looking to keep their espresso equipment clean and serve great tasting espresso beverages.
It is highly versatile and can be used to clean espresso machine group heads, valves, lines, portafilters and even roasting equipment.
Cafiza is formulated to balance powerful cleaning strength with optimal solubility so that it is easy and effective to use in commercial environments.
- Concentrated formula eliminates residue in group heads, valves, and lines
- Foam and solubility balanced for powerful cleaning and optimal rinsing
- Integral to the daily backflush regimen
- Recommended for use with a wide range of traditional espresso machines
Instructions for Use on Professional Espresso Machines
Always follow manufacturer's cleaning and disassembly instructions. All mix ratios may be modified if a stronger solution is desired. For comfort and safety use rubber gloves and eye protection.
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza® Powder. Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Cafiza® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Cafiza® Powder per 32 oz (1 L) of hot water.
- Rinse with clean hot water.
Instructions for Use on Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza® powder per 64 oz (2 L) of brewer capacity directly into brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
TIP: Wet cloth with Cafiza® Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: The solution may be very hot.
Safety Data Sheet -> available from Urnex.co.uk