Finca Argentina is separated into 7 areas or 'tablons', these are approximately 6 hectares in size each, but some are smaller due to their location and other landscape characteristics:
- The highest tablon is San Jorge at 1,300-1,360 masl. This is 2 hectares in size and was replanted with Yellow Pacamara 4 years ago.
- Fincona 2 is the most productive tablon at a size of 8 hectares, sitting at between 1,250-1,300 masl.
- Fincona 1 is 4 hectares, sat at 1,200-1,250masl. The coffee plants here are intercropped with macadamia nut trees which are in the process of being replanted in 2020.
- Guachipelin is 6 hectares in size, and in 2016 was replanted with H1, Yellow Bourbon, Icatu and a small amount of Kenya/SL-28.
- Los Mangos (where this coffee is from), also 6 hectares, is the location of a volcanic vent with boiling mud areas!
- Piletas is 6 hectares large and is also being replanted in 2020. This is the lowest area of the farm at about 1,150 to 1,200 masl.
- 4 Manzanas (3 hectares in size) were replanted in 2018 with Portillo (a Bourbon hybrid).
Los Mangos is in a slightly higher region of the farm and produces consistently good quality coffee. With hot steam vents in this region of the farm, the slightly different soil seems to have a subtle impact on the coffee, with it generally scoring slightly higher in blind tasting than Bourbon from the other sections.
A creamy body enhances a sweetness of marzipan and milk chocolate for a sweet, silky cup. Delicate white grape notes lift this and add complexity and depth to this elegant coffee.
- Country: El Salvador
- District: Ahuachapán
- Municipality: Ahuachapán
- Nearest city: Turin
- Farm: Finca Argentina
- Tablon: Los Mangos
- Producer: Alejandro Martinez
- Elevation: 1,300 m.a.s.l.
- Variety: Bourbon
- Processing method: Natural
Marzipan, milk chocolate, white grape
- Clean cup: (1–8): 6.5
- Sweetness: (1–8): 6.5
- Acidity: (1–8): 6
- Mouthfeel: (1–8): 6.5
- Flavour: (1–8): 6.5
- Aftertaste: (1–8): 6
- Balance: (1–8): 6.5
- Overall: (1–8): 6.5
- Correction: (+36): +36
- Total: (max. 100): 86.5
Medium-dark - through first and pushing through the gap to the edge of second. Make sure this gets enough development time, as it's easy to get thrown by the crack.