Malted milk biscuits, milk chocolate, orange
Starting as a malted milk biscuit covered in milk chocolate, this coffee seamlessly swings into chocolate orange on the finish for a super easy drinking cup.
- Country: Nicaragua
- Department: Jinotega
- Community: Lipululo
- Farm: La Escondida
- Farm manager: Jose Elias Contreras
- Farm owners: The Mierisch Family
- Coffee growing area: 70 hectares
- Elevation: 975–1,230 m.a.s.l.
- Varietal: Red Catuai
- Processing method: Washed
- Diurnal temp. cycle: Avg High 25ºC, Low 21ºC
Cupping notes: Malted milk biscuits, milk chocolate, orange.
Cup of Excellence Cupping Scores
- Clean cup: (1–8): 6
- Sweetness: (1–8): 6.5
- Acidity: (1–8): 6
- Mouthfeel: (1–8): 6
- Flavour: (1–8): 6.5
- Aftertaste: (1–8): 6
- Balance: (1–8): 6.5
- Overall: (1–8): 6.5
- Correction: (+36): +36
- Total: (max. 100): 86
Medium-dark - Keeping a steady pace, you want to go through first crack and just up to the first pops of second as the roast drops out, no more.