Terms and Conditions
Terms of order
These terms of order in no way affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
No contract will subsist between you and hasbean.co.uk for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until hasbean.co.uk accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your product. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time hasbean.co.uk sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). Items can not be bought for resale without prior permission. hasbean.co.uk reserves the right refuse any order which is deemed to have not been conducted in the correct way or where any foul play may have taken place. Items can not be bought for use in coffee competition with express permission of hasbean.co.uk, and reserves the right to refuse to supply. hasbean.co.uk also retains the right to not complete any order it wishes to do so providing that the monies have not been taken or a full refund is given. This is a retail site and as such is for members of the public and not for wholesale / reseller customers. By placing an order and giving credit card details on our secure server you the consumer is bound and contracted to complete the sale unless hasbean.co.uk decides otherwise.
Hasbean refund policy
If goods are returned due to being faulty, so long as they are returned within a reasonable time the remedy afforded to the customer, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), is a refund. Also, where a consumer exercises his cancellation rights the customer will be given a refund within 30 days of their cancellation.
You the consumer are given the right to cancel as required by the Consumer Contracts Regulations (to not include beans that are ground or roasted to your personal specification.) You the consumer have the right to cancel your order without giving a reason The cancellation period in the case of contracts for the supply of goods begins with the day on which the contract is concluded. The cancellation period ends on the expiry of 7 working days, beginning on the day after the day on which the consumer receives the goods. You the consumer can be asked to return and pay for the cost of returning the goods. Further information on this can be found on the Department of Trade and Industry website at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/pdfs/uksi_20133134_en.pdf . Roasted coffee is excluded from these terms.
www.hasbean.co.uk take credit and debit card orders from most major cards. All of our transactions are processed through the following gateways:
- Visa / Delta
- PayPal Top Up Card
- American Express
All cards are taken using a secure encrypted server.
Expect delivery of your order within 28 days although most items will be dispatched within 24/48hrs (working hours). If we cannot deliver the goods within this time we will tell the consumer immediately and agree on another time for delivery. If we cannot agree on another time, we will offer the consumer a refund.
Here are the descriptions of the shipping terms. Please note we roast to order, so we can not always dispatch on the day of order. For more info on our roasting times click here
Royal Mail First Class
First Class post aims to deliver within 1 working day. This is not a guarantee but an aim. Royal Mail will not class an item as lost or missing for 15 working days, but please get in touch if you have not received your order within 5 working days of dispatch.
- Royal Mail Second Class
- Second Class post aims to deliver on the third working day after dispatch. This is not a guarantee but an aim. Royal Mail will not class an item as lost or missing for 15 working days, but please get in touch if you have not received your order within 5 working days of dispatch.
- DPD (Monday - Friday)
- DPD aim to attempt delivery of all Next Day items the next working day Monday to Friday. If you do not receive your order before 18:00 the next working day please contact us or DPD directly.
- DPD (Saturday)
- DPD aim to attempt delivery of all Saturday items the following day when dispatched on a Saturday. When DPD Saturday is selected as a shipping method your order will be held until Friday for processing, roasting and dispatching - DPD will then attempt a delivery the following day. If you order does not arrive before 18:00 please contact us or DPD directly.
Outside the UK
FedEx International Services
FedEx international services offer varied dates, but most will be delivered within 10 working days. International Priority often offers delivery within 1-3 working days, International Economy often offers delivery within 2-8 working days - this information is normally displayed within the name of the shipping rate at the time of checking. For transit times to specific parts of the world please contact us.
Royal Mail International
The aim is to deliver items within 5 working days. No guarantee of delivery on these times, this is an aim. May take up to 28 days.
- DPD Classic
- International ground transport to locations throughout mainland Europe. Transit times vary depending upon the distance the package needs to travel and specific aims are included in the name of the delivery method for each country. The majority of items will be delivered within 8 working days.
- DPD Air Classic
- International air transport to locations worldwide. Delivery times vary depending on where in the world the package is travelling to, for specific delivery times please contact us, the majority of orders will be delivered within 7 working days.
Delivery prices are priced on weight and will be added automatically when an order is place. This will be broken down into the component of price and delivery charge. The final price will be in pounds sterling (unless otherwise stated).
When do we roast coffee for orders?
We roast to order every UK working day (excluding weekends and bank holidays). We have the benefit of having four different sized roasters (2kg, 12kg, 25 kg and 60kg) so we can batch roast exactly what we need for that day. No coffee will leave us older than the previous working day.
If you place your order before 07:00 am, it is our aim your order will be processed, roasted and dispatched on that working day.
We will aim to dispatch any order that comes in up until 13:00 hrs and send out on that working day.
None of this can be guaranteed. Has Bean Coffee can not be held responsible for operational issues and delays.
We do close over national bank holidays and the Christmas period (see www.hasblog.co.uk for announcements).
We will in every case acknowledge complaints within 5 working days.
We will in every case advise the consumer how long it will take to resolve the complaint.
We will in every case keep the consumer informed throughout the process.